PANIK Lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PANIK Lovers!

All about your favourite guys from PANIK (formerly known as Nevada Tan)!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GiZeEm

GiZeEm

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-08-27

The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview . Empty
PostSubject: The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .   The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview . Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Franky: My former class consisted of my friends, so we only had local clashes and conflicts. We had a great company and spent a lot of time together outside of the school.

T:mo: I did not particularly liked going to school. I hated getting up early. Hated most of my classmates. Maths and Latin classes. What I really liked…. Mmmm…

David: Road to the school took me two hours every morning, because I very much wanted to pursue music and schools nearby couldn’t offer it. After school, I often worked at the studio with the ban. In early 2006, T:mo, Jan and I left school and were able to fully concentrate on the music.

Jan: My school life was the same as that of the majority. I attended a technical school that specialized on the chemistry, where I studied as a chemical-technical assistant. It was very important for me to contact with friends and, of course, to study. (grinning)

Linke: I loved PE class. And intervals between classes, cause during that I managed to play music in the classroom.

Juri: I went to half-day school, and used this time to learn to play the piano during intervals between classes, and spent the rest of the day in the hall, playing the drums and piano, rehearsed with the band and gave concerts. In high school I loved natural science, humanities, art and languages. Met a lot of friends.

Have you ever witnessed violence in school, as you sing about it in the song "Warum?"

Franky: Of course, I used to witness such kind of situations, we don’t live in a vacuum. If you have not experienced this in your class or school, then probably you have heard or seen in the schoolyard.

T:mo: Yes, I did. I did not reply back when people often teased or insulted me. Probably, because I was abnormal. But I think it is terrible when four guys can throw tennis balls at someone in the class, and no one intervenes. It was when I was asking myself: Warum?

David: Some of us have experienced this personally.

Jan: My school days were relatively peaceful. In our class the sense of belonging was very strong and nothing special happened, except for minor clashes. Now you can’t be not aware of it. Friends tell you their school stories, you see it on TV and it is quite disgusting.

Linke: Not that often, but happened. It's difficult to fight it when you are on your own. I was lucky, and I have never been an outlaw, unlike my other classmates.

Juri: I attended school in Hamburg, where students of hundred nations study. Everything was quite peaceful over there. Friends often used to tell me about their experiences.

Nowadays movies show scenes of violence a lot. What do you think about it? Do we need to leave everything the way it is, or should we impose any limitations?

Franky: I think that restrictions are necessary, you may not know what kind of sick brain may find inspiration in these movies…

T:mo: I am not a fan horror, Jan understands this more than I do, ask him. Now all young people have access to the Internet, and scenes of executions of Iraqi prisoners recorded on mobile phones, are dispersed among students at school. This is abnormal. We will always face unpleasant things, but parents can prevent much of this by giving little attention to their children. Exactly parents, not "Counter Strike" is guilty in Erfurt massacre.

David: We have different views on that issue. I do not like movies with scenes of violence and horror. Therefore, I think that we can easily avoid many movies and scenes that are terrifying.

Jan: Sometimes restrictions are appropriate, because some things go too far. I am frustrated by the fact that many new movies have an undeveloped story line.

Linke: Previously, there was an agreement between movie unions: to not to show scenes where people die or blood spills. Let’s take a look at old western movies. You never see a shot person, bleeding to death. He simply falls on the ground and that’s it. (laughs)

Juri: It’s difficult to say. It can not be generalized. Film is a form of art. If the artist (actor) uses violence as a mean of expression or wants to provoke some feelings then why not? I do not like movies with a senseless shooting or the ones that promote violence. In addition, it should be considered who can watch this kind of movies.

What about friendship? Are there any people that envy you? How do you manage this?

Franky: People that envy me are not my friends…. and I do not spend a lot of time with people whom I do not consider to be my friends and that is why I am not connected to them. Not one of my friends envy me. Each of them has his or her own vision of future.

T:mo: There have always been detractors. We have been in this band since 2003, but with a slight different line-up: Franky and Juri joined us later. But even then when we mixed rock and hip hop, old musicians used to lower us and said that we only need a commercial success, despite the fact that at that time we were not famous yet. All that we did was writing German music in an unusual style. David had performed at music competitions quite successfully, won first places, live performances helped us to create a decent studio in his garage. There, we recorded good songs, despite the fact that we were still very young. In music business there have always been people who envy us. This has always been the case and that is why we no longer pay attention to this.

David: I have no problems with my friends. Of course, now I spend less time with them, but I still do it.

Jan: Most of the people around me see everything as it is. Absolutely fine. Envious people are everywhere and I do not care about them. It is important to have friends, not interested in or not related to what was happening.

Linke: There will always be people who think that they know more or look at you from top. Excellent. Over time, you simply become thick-skinned.

Juri: So far, all my friends supported me. But, of course, sometimes they criticize or express dissatisfaction that I spent little time with them.

What do you think: Are today's children can discern movies and reality?

Franky: Who in childhood did not believe that one can fly? The older we become, the more we sink into reality. Someone realize it earlier, others later.

T:mo: As has been said: until someone cares about children, everything is going to be excellent. Parents leave to work and the child at this time admires some young dealer.

David: From my point of view there is no universal solution to this issue. I remember how it was with me. I was one of those people who could not do so (distinguishing movies from reality). But I think that now the difference between movies and reality is so small that children are experiencing great difficulties in feeling this difference.

Jan: It all depends on the circumstances. Children need a balance in the family. They should not watch horror movies without parental advisory. Though nowadays every child has his own TV…

Linke: It depends on personality. My younger brother is a big fan of computer games. And he has not got any problems with that, he is not inclined to violence or aggression in "real life". If you will allow abnormal person to play these games, then it is essential that he will be affected by it.

Juri: I think that they are able to do so, because children are often inclined to transfer their "experience" gained through the media to real life. I think that this happens due to extensive and uncontrolled use of media.

What is the first album that you bought?

Franky: Fool's Garden - "Wild Days"

T:mo: Michael Jackson - "Thriller"

David: Michael Jackson - "Off the Wall"

Jan: Difficult questions, something of a Scorpions, I think. I do not remember the name of the disc.

Linke: Buddy Holly - "Buddy Holly"

Juri: Die Toten Hosen - "Im Auftrag des Herrn"

What is the last album that you bought?

Franky: The Beatsteaks'-new

T:mo: Rammstein - "Vlkerball"

David: 30 Seconds To Mars – or it was Rammstein?

Jan: Linkin Park - "Minutes to Midnight"

Linke: One Republic - "One Republic"

Juri: Modi Zulu - "Fantastic Terrors"

Should people pay for music?

Franky: Of course, I usually buy limited editions, I like the foldout cover made of cardboard.

T:mo: Sure. I must admit that illegally downloaded music from time to time, but just to listen what kind of artist it is. Test-tapping, so to speak. If I liked what I heard, I went to the store and bought the CD.

David: It depends. The primary goal of music is to awake feelings in a people. And I spend money on music only if I like it. That is why in my subjective view, some music costs money, and some does not. Maybe other people think the other way.

Jan: You want to know whether I buy CDs, yes, of course. There is nothing more important than supporting their favorite artist by buying his disc.

Linke: I’ve spent all my money on music ever since I was a child.

Juri: Yes. (Short and clear)

Are you concerned about crisis in sales, which affects many record companies, due to the fact that many people upload music illegally online?

Franky: I think that this problem is a concern of each musician. People who listen to music should worry about it a little more. Once musicians can no longer live by making music, then there will be nothing to upload…

T:mo: Yes. This concerns everyone nowadays. Especially if you are a newcomer in this industry. If you already have a large army of fans, it is not so bad.

David: And I do not care. The difference is that I have fake discs on my shelves instead of real ones.

Jan: Of course, but I still rely on hard-core fans, who will buy an album.
Linke: The most important thing is that people listen to our music. As long as it helps us get to earn a bit its cool… but still we can’t prevent this from happening. If someone desperately needs to download our music, he / she will find a way to do it.

Juri: Strange, but I do not care much about it nowadays. But it is sad, that music does not get the recognition it deserves.

Which moment was the happiest since the existence of the Nevada Tan?

Franky: All what we have achieved is happiness itself.

T:mo: We got a letter from the mother who wrote about her daughter. Her father died, she did not smile for a whole year. But after one of our concerts, she came back home shining with happiness. This letter deeply touched me. This is a wonderful feeling when you can help people.

David: The tour. This was totally cool. All people who are involved with your music, new acquaintances. Living in a tour-bus is great too.

Jan: I can not emphasize anything particular, but I want to say that the last tour was one of the best events, that took place. There is no better thing than live performances.

Linke: Festivals, our own concerts…

Juri: I can not emphasize anything particular. Being in Nevada Tan throughout all this time is cool.

What each of you wants for Nevada Tan?

Franky: to be successful all the time and not to be one-song band

T:mo: I hope that everything will always be the same as it is now.

David: I will list four most important things for each musician: women, money, power and women.

Jan: To reach as many people as possible with our music. (grins)

Linke: Perform at the Rock am Ring, or Hurricane Download Festival…. That would be cool. (laughs)

Juri: To stay together as long as possible and to be able to do what we want.

Thanks Azel for this translating Smile
Back to top Go down
Lirren

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .   The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview . Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:46 am

Thank you very much for that translation! It's so hard to find translations of the interviews the guys give, and online translators just don't really cover it very well.
Back to top Go down
Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Female
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .   The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview . Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 am

if you find any interviews online that you want to have translated, just post it here and i'm gonna translate it Smile
what for do we have someone from Austria on here Wink

just sometimes it could take some time cause i'm quite busy with school atm.

btw, well done Giz Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaotic_chicka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .   The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The school, violence, music, movies .... The old interview .
Page 1 of 1